Facilities and families served
Annual distributions since 2014
While SOAR is just beginning to find its footing in this difficult and uncertain time, we are in touch with our staff daily and, thankfully, none of the children at the orphanages and special boarding schools we support – in Armenia, Artsakh, Javakh, Lebanon, and Syria – have been infected.
However, the coronavirus situation has presented a couple of challenges:
- Requests from the institutions, and for the families who receive assistance through our Services to Children in their Own Homes (SCOH) Program, will be addressed as quickly as humanly possible.
- While we know you appreciate regular updates on the children and families we support, delays during this period are inevitable. Our staff are doing what they can, given the restrictions.
We hope and pray that everyone is healthy and safe. If you have any questions about SOAR or how the current situation may be affecting the children, special needs residents, and families SOAR supports, please contact George S. Yacoubian, Jr., SOAR Founder and Chairman, at 610.213.3452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Society for Orphaned Armenian Relief (SOAR) has been selected by the Network for Good Grant Committee to receive a $1,000 grant.
They are very excited to support SOAR’s growth in fundraising so that we can continue to do more good.
They will be publishing our name along with the other grant recipients here.
- Philadelphia Designer Bag Bingo on April 17, 2020 6:30 pm
- RESCHEDULED! SLC Half Marathon on April 18, 2020
- RESCHEDULED New Jersey Junior Canvas Painting Fundraiser on April 18, 2020 5:00 pm
- RESCHEDULED Boston Cocktail Hour on April 25, 2020 2:00 am
- RESCHEDULED Phoenix Charity Golf Tournament on May 2, 2020 7:30 am
- LA Jazz Night on May 19, 2020 6:30 pm
- Wisconsin-Chicago Golf Tournament on June 13, 2020 11:30 am
- Crimson and Crystal Celebration on February 20, 2021 6:00 pm
SOAR TRANSITIONAL CENTER IN GYUMRI
MOBILE EYE CARE PROJECT
The Mobile Eye Care Project was more than successful, raising more than $20,000 above our goal!
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
The Society for Orphaned Armenian Relief (SOAR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization- Tax ID# 20-4095458