Facilities and families served
Distributions since 2014
SOAR Responds to Emergent Facility Needs Due to COVID-19!
SOAR sent funds for food for distribution to OLA families
Since the COVID-19 lockdown in Armenia, dozens of orphans and vulnerable children are no longer able to receive care and services through OLA. In fact, social orphans were ordered by the government to return to their food-insecure families who live in extreme poverty.
No longer receiving institutional care, OLA has instead been delivering food on a weekly basis to the children and their families. While previously OLA was responsible for feeding only the children, they are now providing enough food for 275 members of 55 families.
Although SOAR has thankfully not received any reports of COVID-19 contraction among our residents or staff, increased facility needs have arisen.
Emergency funding sent to Birds’ Nest Orphanage (Lebanon)
With reduced resources, additional expenses have been incurred by the orphanage to care for their children.
Emergency funding sent to Kharberd Orphanage (Armenia)
To purchase hygiene supplies/medical gloves, clothing, oxygen masks, oxygen concentrations, special beds, and other protective supplies to care for their children and young adults with severe disabilities.
- LOS ANGELES PLAY PROJECT FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN on August 14, 2020 9:30 pm
- SOAR LONDON EMERGENCY CAMPAIGN FOR ARMENIAN ORPHANAGES IN LEBANON on September 2, 2020 12:00 am
- SOAR MONTEBELLO CAMPAIGN FOR CARDINAL AGHAJANIAN ORPHANAGE IN LEBANON on September 4, 2020 12:00 am
- STEP UP SOAR PHILLY VIRTUAL 5K on September 26, 2020 12:00 am
- SOAR La Cañada Movie Night on November 7, 2020 7:30 pm
- RUNNING FOR ORPHANS 2020 on November 26, 2020
- RESCHEDULED-Wisconsin-Chicago Golf Tournament on June 5, 2021 11:30 am
- Crimson and Crystal Celebration on March 26, 2022 6:00 pm
SAVE THE LIFE OF ARMENIAN BABY ADA KESHISHYANTS
SOAR TRANSITIONAL CENTER IN GYUMRI
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
The Society for Orphaned Armenian Relief (SOAR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization- Tax ID# 20-4095458